"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful Thoughts: Thanksgiving Day

So here we are, at Thanksgiving Day.  Today I'm thankful for:
  • My family, my mom and dad and sisters and brothers, and time together with them, which I don't (can't) get enough of.
  • Twilight: Breaking Dawn.  I've always felt like this book, though in many ways the most bizarre, was also the key to the whole series (more on this later).  Got to see the movie tonight.  Good fun.
  •  Turkey.  My sister and her husband's fabulous mashed potatoes.  Green beans.  Cranberry sauce. Gravy.  Pumpkin Pie.  All corn free, classic and delicious.
  • Sunshine.  It was 25 degrees Celsius here today.  What a relief from the Vancouver drippy drearies.
  • Red wine.  Tart like berries on my tongue.
  • This moment of quiet before bed.  The whole house still (all 8 adults and three kids).


No comments:

Post a Comment