"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A few firsts

 First rays of sunlight this morning, as seen from our front door (which faces the backyard):

 Note the icy/snowy ground.  It turned out to be a gorgeous clear day!

First Crochet project for Baby Werezak:



It's a newborn diaper cover!  I found the pattern here but I had to size down for a newborn according to the measurements on this site.


And your first glimpse of the new little person:


7 comments:

  1. The little dude looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for newness! Baby Werezak (who appears much larger than a kidney bean now!) will have the prettiest diapers ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! (And such a beautiful little person!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and diaper cover!! I'm excited for when you get to hold that little one in your arms and actually use the diaper cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned how to crochet just in the past year or two, but nothing I've made has been so cute! What will your next project be? Cap? Blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're little person is already adorable!!!! yay!!! That's my little niece or nephew!!! woohoo!!! And the diaper cover…so cute! You're a crafty one you are :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures of the little person are great! Thanks for sharing these, Laura!

    ReplyDelete