"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, February 17, 2012

Five-Sense Friday

Today I'm...

Hearing:  the periodic tap of rain drops on my bedroom window, play grunts and half cries as Lucy army crawls around her nursery floor, the hum and bump of the washing machine

Seeing:  Through the doorway, Lucy in a white tiger fleece hoodie and sweet pink leggings; a pile of laundry that grows like it's actually a living laundry-monster; my bedroom (which is no longer Lucy's bedroom!!!); a light on in every room in the house.

Smelling:  diapers; dirty dishes filling the sink; the steam from freshly cooked brown rice.

Feeling:  soft, soft baby skin; the warmth of clean whites; the well-worn keys on this computer; thesmooth covers of books as they find new places on the shelves.

Tasting:  peppermint tea and a sesame bagel with cream cheese; cherry pie; brown rice with tereyaki sauce and green beans; more cherry pie (because “Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.")

No comments:

Post a Comment