"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Sense Friday

Last week, I had a migrane Monday to Thursday--the time just crawled--but this week sped by!  Lucy and I have been out and about.  Monday I was able to give a talk on my favorite sister in the faith, Julian of Norwich, for a small church group.  Tuesday Clint and I had some much needed family time at home.  Wednesday I went out to the drop-in at our Midwives.  Thursday we went to women's Bible study and to the mall.  Today we...

Saw:  Gray skies; smiles from friends and strangers (no one can resist Lucy's lovely smiling face);  the tall green trees of the UBC Endowment lands from the foggy, rain-streaked bus windows; Regent!

Heard:  Lucy stories (Oh!  Da, da, da, da, da.  Mmmmm. etc.);  the squeak of the Johnny Jump-up;  the catching-up stories of good friends.

Felt:  Powdery white flour, silky eggs in warm water, the stick of new dough, the work of kneading and pounding; the springy-smooth surface of enriched bread dough, the complexity of a 6 strand challah braid.

Smelled:  The gentle alcohol of yeast dough; the mouth watering baking.

Tasted: Fresh, warm, melt-in-your-mouth Challah.  In Regent.  On the Bus.  With my roast potato dinner.  Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment