"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, March 30, 2012

Five-Sense Friday

Is it really Friday again?!  Already?

Hearing: The rhythm of the dryer and spray of the washing machine. Melancholy music. A ticking clock above my desk.

Seeing: Lucy smiles. Baby bed head. And now, her little face relaxed in jaw-dropping sleep. Oh, those eyelashes!

Smelling: Cinnamon. Rice puffs. The last of the fall's hoarding of Delicata squash baked and scooped in tiny spoonfuls onto the table (Lucy's breakfast).

Tasting:  Cinnamon toast.  Happiness tea.

Feeling:  Smooth, chubby baby arms.  The warmth of a baby napping on my chest (Thank goodness for the Ergo Baby!  Best baby investment by a million miles!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment