"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, April 6, 2012

Five-Sense Friday

Today is Good Friday.  Along with remembering the Friday afternoon when I witnessed the death of a Lamb, I'm...

Hearing:  Giggles. Squeaks.  Scriptures.  The youth at our church laughing and having fun as we played games and had a lesson during the service.

Seeing:  Sunshine. Smiles.  Friends. Ah, friends.  Tonight, the winding roads and wonky cities of a game of Carcassonne with Clint.  The blue cover and black and white pages of my most recent read:  Surprised by Oxford.  I see Oxford in my mind's eye, and I miss it.

Smelling:  Rain. The diaper trash can (eew!  'Sposies are so much worse than cloth!). The sweet cleanness of olive oil soap during Lucy's bath.

Tasting:  Poppy bagel with cream cheese, my favorite breakfast.  Roti with cheese.  Roti with chocolate chips.  Leftover chana curry.  Spiced rum and milk.

Feeling:  Wriggling baby, on the diaper table, in the bathtub, in my arms.  Hungry.  Tired.  Tense with frustration: at circumstances and at myself for having such a short fuse these days.  Loved.  Forgiven.  Relaxed to be having fun with the man I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment