"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, April 20, 2012

Five-Sense Friday

It's Friday again!  Today I'm...

Hearing: Baby snores and giggles and clicks and bubbles and babbles.  My husband's low, lovely conversation.

Seeing:  Sunshine, beautiful sunshine. Cherry blossoms in the back yard.  Lucy pulling all the clothes out of the basket and throwing them over her shoulder, one by one.  And Lucy's little star of a hand making the sign for milk (opening and closing).

Smelling:  Sweet flowers on a walk around the block.  Pizza in the oven.  Lucy's little neck.

Touching: Birkenstocks on my feet. The softness and color of Lucy's fuzzy new diapers.  Sleek new cell phones at the mall. (so... what makes a phone "smart" anyway?) 

Tasting:  Poppy bagel, cream cheese.  Brie and apple on toast.  Spinach and mushroom homemade pizza.  Plum crumble.  I resisted the craving for coffee...


No comments:

Post a Comment