"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Five-Sense Friday

Today I'm...

Seeing: Gray skies.  Blue skies. Familiar faces.  A friend here for a quick visit. L's eyebrows going up in the funniest way, almost like she's surprised.  Or judging me.  Either one. :)

Hearing: "Bap. Bat. Bop." WeeOohWeeOohWee (a siren-like sound L makes in her nose).  Good, catching-up, adult conversation after C was gone this week on a Conference.

Tasting:  Egg and cheese on a bagel.  Sushi.  Brown rice tea, sweet and nutty.  Cheese as a family bedtime snack.

Feeling:  Baby skin. Baby warm and sleeping on my chest. Baby's weight as I carried her on a walk, making my feet tired with the extra 25 pounds or so (!!!).  Tiredness aching in my muscles.

Smelling:  Compost.  Coffee Beans.  Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment