"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful Thoughts, 2012 Edition


Last year I wrote down Thankful Thoughts as I could remember to throughout the month of November.  I'd like to do that again this year.  Today I'm thankful for:

1.  The reality that sometimes slowing down to help someone in need is really helping you too.  Win-win.
2.  Challah bread fresh out of the oven, smothered in butter and trumping my dinner.
3.  Sitting at a tea party, across the room from my toddler daughter, and stealing glances over to see her sitting, playing, eating, and generally looking so grown up in her sweet frilly dress that it makes my heart fit to burst with happiness.
4.  Her tiny, sloppy kisses and everything else about her.  Especially that one of her first words is "Yeaaah!" (stated with relish) and she clearly got that from me.
5.  Pumpkins.
6.  Books.


Are you keeping a list this month too?  Leave a comment and let me know where to look for it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping a running list on my Facebook page. I have 4 so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Stephanie! I'll keep my eye out for it.

      Delete