"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Five-Sense Friday



It's Friday again! 

Today I'm...

Feeling:  Cold.  (Yes, even with the sun out.  Will this coldest-rainiest-June-on-record ever end?  Pleeese?)  The fabrics of my clothing as I sort it and mourn all the great summer clothes I haven't used in, like, four years since we moved to Canada.  Little arms hugging my knees everywhere I try to turn.  Little hands searching in my shorts pocket to try to find my smartphone.  The threads of a crochet tea cozy that I've finally finished.

Hearing:  The washing machine scrubbing diapers clean.  MmmMMMmmmMMMmmmMMMmmm.  UnhhUNHunh.  BrrBRrr.  She seems to be learning vocal inflections.  Sometimes she smacks her soother so she sounds a little like Maggie Simpson.  He he.

Seeing:  Little, harmless, annoying black ants in my kitchen. Bright yellow curry fingerprints on the table, the wall, L's clothes.  The longest eyelashes in the world.  My email.  Facebook.  This blog.  My little Interwebs.

Smelling:  The back of L's chubby baby neck.  The last of the spicy chicken curry I heat for her lunch.  Mint tea.  Rice crackers that smell a little like Rice Krispies.

Tasting:  Leftover Potato curry and chicken curry and roti for lunch.  And now, I think, some strawberry ice cream is in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment